Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Return of the Two Week Vacation?



Supposedly people are taking longer vacations then they used to, mainly because modern technology allows them to be in touch with their offices/businesses while on the road.

Excuse me, but that's not a vacation. That's hauling your work stress to places where you can't handle emergencies nearly as well as you can at your office, and making everyone else around you, who expect to be enjoying themselves, miserable in the process. It's also a great cure for marital happiness--trust me on this.

Are employers more tolerant of extended time away? Maybe, but most of my clients are happy to trade a long vacation with connectivity for shorter time away so that they can disconnect completely.

I don't seem to be able to do even that, unfortunately. I hope you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment