Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Personal Example As a Source of Athletic Success

I must say that although I'm a slight fan of the Denver Broncos, I'm not a member of the Tebow cult. Denver wins because of its terrific defense, its excellent kicker, a solid running game, and, yes, because of the efforts of its quarterback.

But after reading this Wall Street Journal article, I can certainly see how this single player inspires his teammates, along with an incredibly loyal fan base.  And I will continue to hope that the type of personal integrity detailed here is contagious.

UPDATE:  And it appears that what Mr. Tebow did in college he is continuing to do as a pro.  As Rick Reilly notes, it's Tebow's off the field conduct that merits admiration and emulation. Very impressive

No comments:

Post a Comment